Do You Need An Immigration Attorney For Your Spouse Or Fiancé?

If you plan to use a K-1 visa or K-3 visa to bring a fiancé or spouse to the United States, you may wonder if you should speak with an immigration attorney. You may not have applied for the visa yet, and you want to know if there is anything an immigration legal professional can do for you.

Immigration law can be tricky, and it is a good idea to have a professional available to help. Here are some things to consider.

Hiring an Attorney Is Not a Requirement

The first thing you should know is that you do not need to hire an attorney to secure a visa for your fiancé or spouse. It is not a requirement, but it is something that many people advise.

Your Claim Could Be Denied

One of the first things you should know is that your claim can be denied. The government tries to weed out cases that can be fraudulent, which means your case could be denied.

You may be advised to hire an attorney early on in the process to ensure that you have all your ducks in a row. This allows you to avoid appearing like a fraudulent couple to the government.

An Attorney Will Fill Out Paperwork

Paperwork can be extensive. You have to fill out a lot of paperwork to get your fiancé or spouse to the United States, and it can be tiring. Your attorney can actually help you with this part of the process.

Not only that, but leaving something out or making a mistake means that your case could be significantly delayed. Attorneys know how the most common mistakes involved in this process, and they know what to look for to ensure your case is not delayed.

Attorneys Have Seen It All

You may not have experience with visas, but your attorney certainly will. This is a really great help for you, as an attorney will help you navigate potential challenges that tend to pop up in cases similar to yours. Your attorney understands what the process is like for people in a variety of situations, and they can help you determine if you need to change course.

Call a Legal Professional Today

A legal professional can help you determine what you should do next to bring your fiancé or spouse to the United States with a visa. Make an appointment today to see what a legal professional can do for you.